Saturday, June 30, 2012

The First Few Weeks

It's been just over a month since Mike and I were married, and it's been a month full of adjustments, fun, family, new jobs, and settling in. We're living in a duplex owned by our family friend--The Hanson's, its on just under eight acres of land, complete with horses, a barn, corrals, and irrigation ditches (which I call the moat). About nine miles from Billings we've (I mean I've) had to get used to going to town only once a day and trying to remember all the things I need in one trip--on the way home from work :)

Thankfully we both go jobs at Wells Fargo within a week of arriving, so we have been able to not only each work, but to be able to carpool into town! 

Here are some pictures of our transition...




Whilst in Oregon, Mike and I made our way to the Oregon Zoo,  it was a rainy day, so of course it was the best day for seeing animals. We saw a polar bear dance, a cougar prowl, sea lions kiss, a lion jump, and some other animated animals. I think we only missed one, and that's because of my beyond compare directions giving---the rhino will have to wait for our next excursion into the zoo...


View from our back patio

Kitchen table looking through to the family room
This little machine is awesome.
I've never been so excited about a cleaning item before!!

We made cupcakes after doing cake waffles :)


Local Shepherd restaurant--I was impressed!!


  

There was a balloon guy at BWW's when we went to
watch Olympic Trials. Naturally, I got Iron Man
IMAG0609.jpg Naturally, because Mike is now a man with his own household, the collection of tools has begun. I'm sure this will be our first of many trips to Home Depot...

We're still collecting pictures from our wedding--when I finally get through it all, there will be a post about the glorious work of Doris...just saying, it was beautiful.

All in all, we're loving our new place, enjoying our new ward, and yes, even after a WHOLE month---we still love each other :)

No comments:

Post a Comment