Saturday, April 28, 2012

Good Bye to Provo


Sam and I aren’t sure, but we think we have the remains of a fairy on our windshield. What bug has rainbow glitter guts? I haven’t the slightest idea, I’m about to call Amanda H. to identify it. Prettiest smear I’ve ever seen.



 So this past week we had finals, graduation, move out, and a trip back to Portland (well, Mike didn’t get to come home with me, he has finals coming up!) And it was great! Mike, my family, and my Grands’ Titensor came down to celebrate.

Graduation was crazy. I’m glad I got my finals done early (Can you write a complete and specific narrative calendar of Joseph Smith’s last twenty days?—Ya, had to do that on one of a hundred questions for a religion class. Ew.)

Anyways, on to graduation, day one we got to sit wherever we wanted to, so Kelso and I took seats together amongst the English department, and got to wait outside for 45 minutes before going in to listen to Elder Oakes speak, but it was worth it, even if we were sitting in chairs made for munchkins. Then on Friday I got up to get to the Marriott Center at 7:00AM for an 8:00AM Convocation, which was very unique. I think a few of our speakers were a little nervous, some asked for applause without waiting for us to give it, leaving Rachel and I rather confused. But we graduated. We walked across that stage in our navy blue judges’ robes, didn't trip, and then my parents, siblings, grandparents, and fiance were there waiting for me with flowers. It was a great day, topped off with one last trip to the Creamery on 9th. (get the small brownie sundae, amazing)
 
BYU was a great experience for me, and I’m thrilled my brother Sam is headed that way. He’s going to love it. We had a great week, enjoying the warm weather, family, and a birthday party for little Claire McNeel.








I think Mike may have been more excited than me :) 










<- Yes, it says sample across the diploma





PS: Congratulations to Shelby and Braxton, very happy for the both of them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment